Today I paid a ridiculous amount of money for the deposit on our flat. We get the keys today and I cannot wait to have our own place.
However, when doing the calculations – I realised, once I’d taken out travel, bills and food, it left me with a pitiful amount which meant that really no socializing can be done, no treats and definitely no cheeky cakes on sad Tuesday. I think it’s a sign of the times. A sign that this is adulthood – officially.
It made me start thinking of the other things that define what being an adult is about and I came up with a list:
- Being ill and not having your parents to look after you
- Turning down a drink on a weekday because you have an early start the next day
- Watching what you eat – properly
- Scheduling time to see your parents
- Taking yourself to bed early on a night out
- Staying in a job you hate because you’ve got bills to pay
- Council tax. Stupid council tax.
- Properly saving and not just dipping into it for another round of jägers
- Having a bedtime again
- People asking when he’s going to pop the question/ your planning your first child
Yeah adulthood sucks man.
Positive of the day: I’m doing a bonus event at work at Rothschild bank!